1. A fasting person experiences the pangs of hunger in his stomach for a full month and comes to know practically the agonies of the poor in the society. This urges him to help the poor whole-heartedly having personally experienced their plight to a degree.
2. Taking breakfast at an odd time before dawn seems to be a bit difficult in the beginning, however this practice trains one who fasts to adapt to the odd circumstances when in crisis he may have to take food at irregular times along with other irregularities in the normal course of life.
3. One who fasts abstains from even lawful things during Ramadan for the pleasure of God, so it becomes easy for him to shun unlawful acts for the sake of God.
4. The fast teaches that for the achievement of high targets, one has to put in tremendous and sincere effort.
5. In all, Ramadhan is a unique and effective lesson in discipline, compassion and spirituality for the good of the individual and the greater good of the society at large.”
We pray that Allah enables all of us to observe Ramadan, satisfying its conditions and fulfilling all its obligations to achieve God’s love, Amin.